Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Welcome to Kindergarten

     Hello! My name is Rachel Lukacsko and I have been teaching kindergarten at Garth Elementary since 2007.  I grew up in Georgetown and received my bachelor's degree from Kentucky State University and my Master's degree from Georgetown College. I love to use music in the classroom.  I originally majored in music education and am currently the music leader at my church.  So be prepared for your children to teach you LOTS of new songs this year!  I also use a lot of technology to teach in the classroom as well.  We have a SmartBoard which we will use for daily calendar time, learning letters, phonics lessons, math lessons...pretty much everything!
Our SmartBoard (and my children:)
 




  I am married with two children of my own. When I'm not teaching, singing, or carting my children all around town to their extra-curricluar activities, there's a good chance you can find me perusing Pinterest for more great classroom ideas.  I enjoy learning about and trying new things to get students involved and excited in the classroom!


I am looking forward to getting to know you and your child this year. We're going to have a GREAT time!

No comments:

Post a Comment